Vegan Egg Roll in a Bowl
Packed full of mouthwatering flavours, low on dirty dishes: this vegan egg roll in a bowl is the perfect weeknight dinner. Gluten-free, low carb, WFPB options.
Servings: 4 bowls
Cost: $1.58 per bowl
- 1 tbsp oil 12g *can sub with 2 tbsp tahini liquid; see Note 1
- 1/2 small onion, diced 50g
- 1/2 head garlic, minced 20g
- 1/2- inch piece ginger, minced *can sub with 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3 scallions, diced 45g
- 1 lb cabbage, shredded or sliced thin 454g
- 2 carrots, shredded or diced 200g *can sub with more cabbage
- 1 lb vegan ground 454g
- 1 tsp white pepper 2g *can sub with black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce 60g *can sub with 2 tbsp regular soy sauce
- 100 g sweet potato noodles, soaked in cold water for at least 15 minutes *optional
- Optional toppings: sesame oil, sesame seeds, crushed nuts, cilantro, chili oil, more scallions
Heat oil in a large wok or skillet on medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and scallions, and sauté until soft and aromatic (5–7 minutes).
Add the carrots and cabbage, sauté for another 5 minutes or until cabbage wilts.
Stir in the vegan ground and cook until heated through.
Season with white pepper and soy sauce to taste. Garnish with any additional toppings you like.